Sunday, May 17, 2015

Witamy w Polsce!

The bag is packed, my presentation is coming together okay, and my nerves are under control. In short: I think I'm ready to go to Warsaw.


Before I go to bed I'm going to read up on a few ”useful expressions” (says Wikipedia). Because of my generous nature you get to share my newfound wisdom. Everyone's a winner! Here goes:

Dzień dobry good morning/good afternoon [Jean Dough-bree]
Dobranoc good night [doh-BRAH-nots]
Do widzenia good bye [d-oh veedzenia]
Dziękuję thank you [Jen KOO yeh]
Jak leci? what's up? (lit. how's it flying?) [Yah-k l-eh-chee]
Na zdrowie! Cheers! (or Bless you!) (lit. For health!) [nah zdroh-vee-eh] 
Nie zawracaj mi głowy, nie widzisz, że jestem zajęty/zajęta? don't disturb me, don't you see I'm busy? (speaker: male/female) [Nee-eh zaf-rah-tsai me gh-wh-oh-vih, nee-eh vi-tsish, sh-eh yea-stem zah-yea-th-ih/zah-yea-th-ah]

Finally, something that may prove somewhat interesting for me, personally:

Jestem wegetarianinem (male)/ wegetarianka (female) [yestem vegetarianinem/vegetariankauw] I'm a vegetarian

    According to a guide I found, ”being a vegetarian is still a surprise to many.” Awesome. I'm expecting a lot of brown, amorphous, cabbage-type food—I'm glad I'm not sharing rooms with anyone...

    Updates to come! Dobranoc.

    3 comments:

    1. Yay! Land of black metal giants like Vader and Behemoth! http://stagebuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Behemoth-band-2009.jpg

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ser sjukt polskt ut, alt. taget ur Mad Max. Oavsett: can't wait!

        Delete
    2. Yay! Utöver brysselkål och betor går det säkert få den berömda polska rabarbern i olika former. Kör hårt på symposiet, du kommer rocka fett! :)

      ReplyDelete