Monday, January 26, 2015

Awarded! Wait, no? Well, yes!

Imagine my surprise when a padded envelope from the Seattle Marathon showed up in my mailbox the other week. I opened it and found a plexiglass plaque, with the inscription ”Age Division Winner / Marathon”. Wait, what? No note, no nothing.

I was pretty sure I hadn't won my age division, and a quick check confirmed my hunch; I was merely number 10 in the F30-34 class. On the other hand, the actual winner's name was Sophia... Aha! Someone must have made a mistake; the award should have been sent to Sophia, not Sofia.

Thus, I put the plaque back in the envelope and decided to swing by the marathon office after work to return it, but was smart enough to call ahead to make sure that they were in. I explained the situation, but no ma'am they didn't want it back; apparently, all top ten finishers in each division were awarded. I had actually deserved it.

Whaddya know; my first sports plaque.

3 comments:

  1. Du är för jäkla bra, Fia! Kom du inte på 38 plats eller så? Jag har fortfarande inte riktigt smält detta. Så du är väl värd den där utmärkelsen! Men hederligt av dig att försöka lämna tillbaka den. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snabbaste (väldigt nära iaf) och ärligaste bruden!

    ReplyDelete