Sunday, October 12, 2014

O Canada!

After a couple of months of fruitless efforts to schedule an appointment at the US consulate in Vancouver to renew my visa, I suddenly got a break last Friday. Out of nowhere, a slot had opened up at 7 am on Tuesday morning. I dropped everything I had planned and immediately started making arrangements for a week-long stay in British Columbia, and thanks to helpful colleagues I managed to organize all my responsibilities to make it work (I hope so, at least). I definitely owe a favor or two, but it's certainly worth it to get my visa extended.

I've wanted to explore Vancouver basically since moving to Seattle, especially knowing that the train ride up is quite spectacular; mum and I are therefore rather excited about boarding the train early tomorrow morning. We'll spend a few days in the city and then head down to Victoria on Vancouver Island to see my cousin, who is doing an exchange year at the university there. What's even more exciting is that my aunt and grandmother will meet us there too. Fantastic!

The only thing that worries me is the actual interview at the consulate, but I've hopefully got all my papers in order so that I can get my passport back in time to head home to Seattle next Sunday. I ask you: cross your fingers and hold your thumbs... (It couldn't hurt, could it?)


See you on the other side!

(Image from www.canadaflagshop.com)

3 comments:

  1. Kan inte tänka mig att det kommer att gå annat än bra men jag håller tummarna för säkerhets skull. Härligt med Vancouver för övrigt, helt klart en favoritstad bland de städer jag besökt i mitt liv hittills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hur stod det till med örnarna längs med tågsträckan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vi såg bara en bald eagle som satt och blängde. Men den var AWESOME.

      Delete