Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summer fun and a new hangout

Another sunny Saturday, another restful weekend. Time flies, but I'm trying to make the most of these lovely summer days; before I know it it'll be fall again. My last in this city? Let's not think about that right now.


Patrik and I had a great time during his visit, watching World Cup soccer, going to the movies, running, eating lots ice cream/gelato/frozen custard, celebrating 4th of July, nomming on great food, shopping, exploring Capitol Hill and Ballard, playing boardgames, watching boats go by and just generally chitchatting about everything and nothing. A really, really fun week!

Patrik, David and Amelia rockin' the red, white and blue for 4th of July.


Ice cream! One of the many frozen treats this week.


Browsing in the blazing sun at Fremont Sunday Market. Too hot for shopping, though.


As I'm writing this I'm sitting at Yellow Dot Cafe in Fremont, watching the Brazil-Netherlands bronze game. This place has become a favorite during the World Cup, offering not only comfy seats, friendly staff/clientele and good coffee, but also a fabulous big screen tv on which I have watched seemingly countless games by now. Ok, I can probably count to <10 but you get the picture; in less than a month I've become a regular here, and I like it. However, there are many lovely cafés in the area so I'll probably branch out more again after the WC ends tomorrow. But first I have the exciting final between Germany (yaay!) and Argentina (booo!) to look forward to; a game I will watch with excellent long-distance company back in Sweden. I owe my friend Gäddan a lot for keeping me company through WhatsApp and providing live updates when I've been unable to watch games because of work or other colliding engagements. Thank you ever so much, Gäddan! It wouldn't have been the same without you.


Ahead of me now are a couple of more low-key weeks, until the end of July/beginning of August when I get two back-to-back visits from Swedish comrades. But first, a little bit of work perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. Glass i stora lass! :-)

    Tack själv, Fia! Jag har verkligen uppskattat ditt sällskap också! När det gäller distanssällskap till fotboll och Eurovision, då är du oslagbar! Ser fram emot finalen. :-)

    ReplyDelete