Saturday, March 22, 2014

Let's make it official!

Last Monday, papers were signed and a new date was set: August 31, 2015.

What it means? It means I'm doing a three-year postdoc. (Hurray!)

Sometimes I whine and moan about high work pressure and long hours, but there really is no place I'd rather be at this point. I'm deeply in love with Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and cherish every day I get to spend with my knowledgeable mentors, committed colleagues, and fellow postdoc and student friends.

And Seattle? Well, I think you know how I feel about this town.


I can't begin to describe how relieved I am by finally being able to focus completely on my research, not having to worry about funding or thinking about plans B, C, or D. (Or E.) When these three years have passed, I'm absolutely confident that I will be ready to take on the next phase of my life and career - whatever it may be.

Friends and family back home, don't worry: I'm not lost. Arnold said it:

4 comments:

  1. Grattis! Skönt att veta vad livet tar vägen ännu ett år. Och bra det där Arnold säger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grattis igen vännen!! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grattis igen! du är bäst! <3

    ReplyDelete