Friday, June 21, 2013

Merry Midsummer!

As some of you may know, Midsummer isn't one of my favorite holidays to celebrate, mostly because of the insanely high expectations it raises among the majority of Swedes. However, this year will be somewhat different as I'm far away from the normal hysteria surrounding this particular day, and therefore I feel rather excited about celebrating it.

All the key ingredients are at hand: friends, barbecue, rosé wine (no snaps for me, thankyouverymuch), strawberries, and semi-crappy weather. Just like last year, actually! A great evening, despite my initial reluctance.

Look at this happy Midsummer girl eating a strawberry! Very happy! Nothing else. Just happy! H-a-p-p-y, I tell ya!


The only thing missing is perhaps the seven different kinds of flowers tucked under my pillow, secretly picked in absolute silence. A bit of old-timey Swedish magic, allegedly bringing dreams of future love and happiness. (But who needs that, anyway?)

Glad midsommar, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Gla (halländska) midsommar kära du! Håller med dig om midsommar, men visst är det fint med jordgubbar :) kram

    ReplyDelete