Monday, June 17, 2013

Adventures across the sea

Rockaway Beach Park, Bainbridge Island, 4:33 pm. Relaxing in the sun after a hilly bike ride with Isaac.


Before I landed face down on the grass, the excursion started with the two of us boarding a ferry from downtown Seattle, heading West across Puget Sound. Being at sea is a real treat on days like this; blue skies, warm sun, salt water and... Um... Wind.


Shortly after starting to explore the roads on the island, I told Isaac that the surroundings really reminded me of Sweden. Despite the Scandinavian heritage in and around Seattle this was the first time I've gotten that feeling over here, so when we suddenly stumbled on this unexpected piece of land I was quite amazed.


As lovely as it was, I still have to confess that Old Sweden beats New Sweden when it comes to cycling... That being said, the Seattle backdrop was pretty neat.


Up and down, down and up; hills, hills, hills. All in all: a great day, far from our mainland worries. How I cherish these Sunday rides!

All photos by Isaac Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment