Monday, April 8, 2013

The opposite of effective

This morning I read a post about vegan banana bread at Green Kitchen Stories, an aesthetically appealing blog with vegetarian recipes that I recently found my way to. Although I'd love to try baking the bread sometime, what mainly captured my attention was the description of Swedish fika.
Fika is the opposite of effective. You sit down, drink your coffee slowly and talk about anything. You can do it any time of the day and several times a day.”
Oh, how I miss fika! Not so much for the sweets as for the conversations and the giggles. Gossiping away over pot after pot of hot tea... I might just have to force this tradition upon my friends in Seattle, in the absence of Swedish volunteers.

(No, you may not leave the table; we've only been here for an hour! Have another cup of tea and SIT DOWN. There you go. Don't try anything or I will have to tie you up again. Another scone, dear?)

4 comments:

  1. haha underbart! finns inget bättre! försökte tvinga på Oscar en klassisk fika häromdagen, men han tycker att det är meningslöst eftersom det är just ineffektivt ;) när man har ätit upp går man väl? ;) gaaa... saknar dig så det värker!! saknar våra fikor med allihop!

    vill så gärna komma till Seattle och hälsa på... klurar på när det skulle kunna fungera..

    kram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi han fattar ju ingenting... ;) Läääängtar efter er - cirka massa mest... Tur att vi ses snart, hurra! Kramar

      Delete
  2. Well, I wouldn't mind sitting down for a couple of hours with warm drinks and sweets... Just saying.

    ReplyDelete