Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wined and dined

On Saturday I had the privilege of spending some quality time with my friend Isaac, which included dining at a lovely Capitol Hill restaurant called terra plata. I can easily say that it was one of my top food experiences in Seattle so far, and we were being royally treated and utterly spoiled by the owner and her wonderful staff.

If you ever go there (which you definitely should!): don't miss the brussels sprouts. Just don't. Or the roasted carrots, for that matter... Or the cheese plate. Or the wine! Ridiculously delicious, all of it.

While I'm on the subject of food: tomorrow is Våffeldagen (Waffle Day) in Sweden, which is celebrated every year on Lady Day due to reasons that are difficult to explain in English. It's either an intentional play on words or a simple mishearing, I'm not sure which (but I'm certain that my mother does).

Anyways, I love waffles and usually indulge in them on Lady Day, so I might just have to go out and get my waffle fix somewhere tomorrow... Dessert for dinner? Poor me!

3 comments:

  1. I have to say I had a wonderful time as well. I feel like I was the privileged one spending that time with you. I love waffles too... So happy Lady Day and I hope you either had waffles or will this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så blev det några våfflor?

    Jag tänker varje år att jag ska köpa ett våffeljärn. Men sedan kommer själva dagen och det har ännu inte hänt och så tänker jag att ja då kan jag ju lika gärna vänta tills nästa år. Och så blir det samma visa året efter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nej... Det blev bara jobb och jobb. :( Men jag tar en raincheck och våfflar till det nästa vecka istället - så det så.

      Våffeljärn är bra grejer, de funkar utmärkt att göra varma mackor i också. Fast det var grymt länge sedan jag gjorde det sist... Mumsigt nonetheless!

      Delete