Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thank you kindly

It's after midnight in Seattle and my apartment is embedded in delicious cinnamon scent. A short while ago I took out the result of my first attempt of US baking out of the oven; an apple pie that definitely looks a bit weird but hopefully will be edible at the Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. (Neither flour nor sugar behaved quite like I am used to, but it was a fun experiment!)


While I'm waiting for it to cool down I'm thinking about all the things I'm grateful for - in the spirit of Thanksgiving. I sure am grateful for all the opportunities I have had in life; all the funny coincidences and flukes that eventually lead me to this little cinnamon-smelling pad on the other side of the world. It's quite awesome, really!

I have yet to get a personal relation to this holiday, but seeing how it affects everyone around me - very much like Christmas - it has awakened a longing also in me, for my family and friends back home in Sweden. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your emails, tweets, and comments on this blog; it means a lot to know that you're still there.

And as for my new friends over here; thank you too! Without you, a holiday like this would be a lot tougher to tackle.

Alright, time to hit the sack; tomorrow it's turkey time! (Well, not for me of course, but you know what I mean.)

2 comments:

  1. <3 klart vi finns kvar!! saknar dig.. och snart är det jul! men alltså... thanksgiving är ju typ som en höstjul.. låter som nåt för mig (och dig ;) ).. varför har inte vi höstjul här.. jag vill!! ge mig höstjul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too !!!
    Tur att tiden går fortare ju äldre man blir för det innebär ju att tiden går lite snabbare varje dag tills vi ses :)
    Förresten... vet inte om du fick den infon, men när vi träffas den 23:de så har vi planer på att byta julklappar. Vi har sagt att alla köper två juklappar värda ca 50 SEK och sedan kör vi ngn bytes lek :)
    Kram !!!

    ReplyDelete